Code of Conduct
The Short Version
Norfolk Developers are dedicated to providing an harassment-free conference experience for everyone.
All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds. Sexual or discriminatory language and imagery is not appropriate for any of the conference sessions or activities.
Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other attenders. Behave professionally. Remember that any discriminatory (as in sexist, racist, etc.) or exclusionary jokes are not appropriate.
Attendees violating these rules will be asked to leave the conference without a refund at the sole discretion of the conference organisers.
The Long Version
Norfolk Developers are dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion.
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately
Exhibitors and sponsors are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualised images, activities, or other material. Exhibitor staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualised clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualised environment.
Be careful in the words that you choose. Remember that sexist, racist, and other exclusionary jokes can be offensive to those around you.
If a participant engages in behaviour that violates this code of conduct, the conference organisers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. Conference staff can be identified by their t-shirts or lanyard badges. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone. We want you to be happy at our event. People like you make our event a better place.
You can make a report either personally or anonymously.
You can make an anonymous report here.
We can't follow up an anonymous report with you directly, but we will fully investigate it and take whatever action is necessary to prevent a recurrence.
You can make a personal report by:
- Calling or messaging this phone number: 07960 268011. This phone number will be continuously monitored for the duration of the event.
- Contacting a staff member, identified by Norfolk Developer t-shirts.
When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other event staff to ensure your report is managed properly. Once safe, we'll ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we'll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won't be asked to confront anyone and we won't tell anyone who you are.
Our team will be happy to help you contact local law enforcement, local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
Other reporting/support options
- Email the team: [email protected]
- Call our team: 07960 268011
- Norfolk Police's online reporting service
- Call the Mind Infoline for support with a Mental Health Crisis on 0300 123 3393 or email [email protected]. You can also Text: 86463
- The Harbour Centre - Sexual Assault Referral Centre can be contacted by email or by phone 24/7 on 01603 276381